We are fully committed to the health of our students. Our health services staff looks after each student’s physical and mental wellbeing while on our campus.
Administration of Medication
Certain health problems require that students take medication during school hours. Medication must be kept in the health office at all times.
- Medication must be in its original, properly labeled container. Prescription medication must have the pharmacy label, as this serves as the doctor’s order.
- A signed consent form giving specific directions for use must accompany medication from the parent.
We do not permit students to carry any medication on their person for self-use, including asthma inhalers, without first consulting the school nurse about district policy. Under no circumstances may students self-administer controlled drugs (i.e. narcotics, some ADD/ADHD medications). To self-administer asthma medication, the student must have the following information on file with the school:
- Written authorization by the parent/legal guardian
- Medical history of the student’s asthma
- Written asthma action plan to address emergencies and the care of asthma while in school
- Written authorization from the prescribing physician that the child has asthma, has been trained in the use of the medication, and is capable of self-administering the medication
We will notify parents of continuing students by mail if your child needs additional immunizations before the new school year. All students must complete the required immunizations before school starts. Please submit immunization updates to the school office.