Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to raising children, questions come with the territory! We’ve put together the answers to the questions we hear the most so you can get the information you need 24-7. You can find more information about school policies in our student handbook. We’re also happy to answer your questions in person, so please drop by or give us a call during school hours.
How do I register my child at Richwoods R-VII School?
Please visit our Registration page for the information about enrolling your child. You may visit us to pick up and complete the required forms, or you may download and print the forms from our website and bring them with the required documentation to our office.
How much does it cost for my child to eat breakfast and lunch at school?
We serve breakfast and lunch to every student at no cost to families. Richwoods R-VII School District participates in the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, a free breakfast and lunch program. We do not collect household applications for free and reduced price meals. Please visit our Food Services page to see monthly menus.
Do you provide transportation services?
We are pleased to provide our students with safe, reliable transportation to and from school each day. We consider bus riding a privilege and expect all students to adhere to the rules for their own safety as well as for the safety of others. For more information, please visit our Transportation page.
What are the school hours?
School is in session from 7:49 a.m. to 3:16 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students may arrive on campus no earlier than 7:15 a.m. and should report to their classrooms by 7:45 a.m.
What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?
If your child must miss school, please call the school office on the day of his/her absence. For information about attendance requirements and what qualifies as an excused absence, please refer to our student handbook.
Will my child have access to the Internet while on campus?
Students can access the Internet for homework and school-related research from our media center and some classrooms under the supervision of qualified school personnel. We require all students to abide by our Acceptable Use Policy. We expect our students to behave responsibly on school computer networks.
Do you enforce a dress code at Richwoods R-VII School?
We expect students to dress in an appropriate manner at all times. Student dress may not present a health or a safety hazard, violate municipal, county, or state law, or present a potential disruption of the educational process.
- Dress and grooming will be clean and in keeping with sanitary requirements.
- All students must wear shoes, boots, or other types of footwear. (Flip-flops tend to break, so please send an extra pair in your child’s backpack.) We require students to wear tennis shoes for P.E. and sports.
- Shirts and pants need to overlap, at least slightly, in order to guard against exposed skin and underwear in the midriff section. If pants sag, a belt must be worn.
- Excessive cleavage is inappropriate.
- Shorts must reach the mid-thigh or leggings must be worn underneath
- We forbid tank tops that reveal undergarments for both boys and girls.
- We do not allow students to wear tied spaghetti straps in grades 5–8.
- We prohibit caps in the classroom and non-prescription sunglasses.
- We encourage free speech at Richwoods. However, messages on shirts or caps must not be disruptive, vulgar, offensive, alcohol or drug related, or sexually suggestive.